Community Management

Frequently Asked Questions


 A: A CDD is a special district and is a governmental unit created to serve the long-term specific needs of its community. Created pursuant to chapter 190 of the Florida Statutes, a CDD’s main powers are to plan, finance, construct, operate and maintain community-wide infrastructure and services specifically for the benefit of its residents.

A: A CDD is governed by its Board of Supervisors which is elected initially by the landowners, then begins transitioning to residents of the CDD after six years of operation. Like all municipal, county, state, and national elections, the Office of the Supervisor of Elections oversees the vote, and CDD Supervisors are subject to state ethics and financial disclosure laws. The CDD’s business is conducted in the “Sunshine,” which means all meetings and records are open to the public. Public hearings are held on CDD assessments. and the CDD’s budget is subject to annual independent audit.

A: The CDD complements the responsibilities of community homeowner’s associations (HOAs). Many of the maintenance functions handled by these associations in other communities may be handled by the CDD. However, the associations have other responsibilities such as operating amenities and ensuring that deed restrictions and other quality standards are enforced. The CDD may contract with the master homeowner’s association to perform maintenance functions.

A: Residents within a community with a CDD may expect to receive three major classes of benefits. First, the CDD provides landowners consistently high levels of public facilities and services managed and financed through self-imposed fees and assessments. Second, the CDD ensures that these community development facilities and services will be completed concurrently with other parts of the development. Third, CDD landowners and electors choose the Board of Supervisors, which is able to determine the type, quality and expense of CDD facilities and services.

Other savings are realized because a CDD is subject to the same laws and regulations that apply to other government entities. The CDD is able to borrow money to finance its facilities at lower, tax-exempt, interest rates, the same as cities and counties. Many contracts for goods and services, such as annually negotiated maintenance contracts, are subject to publicly advertised competitive bidding.

Residents and property owners in a CDD set the standards of quality, which are then managed by the CDD. The CDD provides perpetual maintenance of the environmental conservation areas. This consistent and quality-controlled method of management helps protect the long term property values in a community.

A: The cost to operate a CDD is borne by those who benefit from its services. Property owners in the CDD are subject to a non-ad valorem assessment, which appears on their annual property tax bill from the county tax collector and may consist of two parts—an annual assessment for operations and maintenance, which can fluctuate up and down from year to year based on the budget adopted for that fiscal year—and an annual capital assessment to repay bonds sold by the CDD to finance community infrastructure and facilities, which annual assessments are generally fixed for the term of the bonds. Because costs and services vary depending upon the individual CDD, specific fee information is available for each community.

The CDD makes it possible for our community to offer the most desirable elements of a master-planned community. Residents enjoy high quality infrastructure facilities and services with the comfort and assurance of knowing that the standards of the community will be maintained long after the developer is gone. With a CDD in place, residents are assured of the ability to control quality and value for years to come.

A: Special Districts are forms of local government created by the State, County, and Municipalities in order to provide a specific service or services to a defined area. Special Districts are often referred to as special-purpose governments, since the law authorizes them to provide only those services specifically defined in their enabling legislation. Conversely, the State, County and Municipal governments are called general-purpose local governments and are not specifically limited in what services they can provide to their residents.

The reason for Special District creation is to provide the permanent administrative structure for financing and maintaining services or infrastructure traditionally provided by general-purpose governments when these governments are unwilling or unable to provide the service or capital improvement.Consequently, Special Taxing Districts are frequently substituting and/or complementing the capabilities of general-purpose governments. For instance, Special Districts provide water management in multi-county jurisdictions, public infrastructure in new developments, streetlights to neighborhoods without them and fire protection for Cities and Counties.

A: According to the statute, a Community Development District is an independent, local unit of special-purpose government charged with planning, financing, constructing and/or acquiring, operating and maintaining community-wide infrastructure in large planned developments overburdening other governments and their tax payers according to “growth pays for growth” principle, and lastly constitute a timely, efficient, effective, responsive and economic way to deliver basic services.

Community Development Districts are specifically authorized by Florida Statute 190 to finance, fund, plan, establish, acquire, construct or reconstruct, enlarge or extend, equip, operate and maintain systems, facilities and basic infrastructures for the following:

  • Water management and control.
  • Water supply, sewer and wastewater management, reclamation and reuse.
  • Bridges or culverts which may be needed.
  • District roads equal to or exceeding the specifications of the county in which such District roads are located, and street lights.
  • Buses, trolleys, transit shelters, ridesharing facilities and services, parking improvements and related signage.
  • Conservation areas, mitigation areas and wildlife habitats.
  • Any other project within or without the boundaries of a District when the project is the subject of an agreement between the District and a governmental entity and is consistent with the local government comprehensive plan of the local government within which the project is to be located.

A: Board of Supervisors
The Board of Supervisors serves as the governing body of the District and sets public policies implemented by staff. The Board can adopt administrative rules and regulations with respect to any projects of the District, and enforce penalties for violation of such rules and regulations. They can levy taxes, special assessments, fees and user charges for use of District facilities. The Board may also adopt resolutions, which may be necessary to conduct District business. The Board of Supervisors shall also employ and fix the compensation of the District Manager, designate a person who is a resident of the State as Treasurer of the District, and select a depository for its funds.

Initially, Board members are designated and appointed in the formative petition and the rule establishing the District. Thereafter, the members are elected on an at-large basis by the owners of property within the District. Each landowner is entitled to cast one vote per acre of land owned by him or her and located within the District for each person to be elected. A fraction of an acre shall be treated as one acre, entitling the landowner to one vote with respect thereto. After the sixth year of the initial appointment of members and once the District reaches 250 qualified electors, the positions of two Board members whose terms are expiring are filled by qualified electors of the District. A qualified elector is a registered voter who is a resident of the District and the State and a citizen of the United States.

District Administration
The District Manager’s responsibilities include:

  1. Preparation and submittal of a proposed operations and maintenance budgets for Board review and action
  2. Preparation of contract specifications for District operations
  3. File all required forms and documents with state and local agencies
  4. Attend all Board of Supervisor meetings – implement the policies of the Board Additional duties as directed by the Board

The District Engineer’s responsibilities include:

  1. Preparation and supervision of construction projects within the CDD
  2. Inspection and reporting on the District facilities
  3. Assist in the preparation of the annual maintenance budget.
  4. Attend all Board of Supervisor meetings – implement the policies of the Board
  5. Additional duties as directed by the Board

The District Counsel’s responsibilities include:

  1. Preparation and review of agreements and other CDD documents
  2. Ensuring all provisions of the Florida Statutes are followed
  3. Attend all Board of Supervisor meetings – implement the policies of the Board
  4. Additional duties as directed by the Board

The Field Manager’s responsibilities include:

  1. Maintenance and oversight of water and wastewater facilities and storm-water ponds
  2. Assist in preparing and submitting budget numbers for maintenance item
  3. Approve and submit invoice
  4. Attend all Board of Supervisor meetings – implement the policies of the Board
  5. Additional duties as directed by the Board

A: Florida’s Government in the Sunshine Law, commonly referred to as the Sunshine Law, provides a right of access to governmental proceedings at both the State and local levels. The law is equally applicable to elected and appointed Boards and has been applied to any gathering of two or more members of the same Board to discuss some matter which will foreseeably come before that Board for action. The Sunshine Law establishes a basic right of access to most meetings of Boards, commissions and other governing bodies of state and local governmental agencies or authorities to prevent members of a government Board from secretly dealing with public business

A: Public agencies are allowed to adopt reasonable rules and regulations which ensure the orderly conduct of a public meeting and which require orderly behavior on the part of the public attending. This includes limiting the amount of time an individual can speak and, when a large number of people attend and wish to speak, requesting that a representative of each side of the issue speak rather than everyone present

A: Reasonable public notice is required for all meetings subject to the Sunshine Law. The type of notice which must be given depends on the facts of the situation and the Board involved. In some instances, posting of the notice in an area set aside for that purpose may be sufficient; in others, publication in a local newspaper may be necessary. In either case an agency must give notice at such time and in such a manner as will enable the media and the general public to attend the meeting.

There are three basic requirements of Chapter 286.011, Florida Statutes:

  1. Meetings of public Boards or commissions must be open to the public
  2. Reasonable notice of such meetings must be given
  3. Minutes of the meetings must be taken

A: Public Records Law states: Every person who has custody of a public record shall permit the record to be inspected and examined by any person desiring to do so, at any reasonable time, under reasonable conditions, and under supervision by the custodian of the public record or the custodian’s designee. The custodian shall furnish a copy or a certified copy of the record upon payment of the fee prescribed by law; and for all other copies, upon payment of the actual cost of duplication of the record.

The custodian of records for the district is Inframark, Infrastructure Management Services, 210 North University Drive, Suite 702, Coral Springs, FL 33071. Telephone (954) 603-0033. You can submit a Records Request by clicking here.

A: The CDD issues Special Assessment Revenue Bonds to finance community infrastructure. Generally, Community Development Districts assess each property owner a yearly capital debt service assessment to pay back those bonds. In the case of the CDD a significant portion of this capital assessment will be prepaid by the developer at the time of closing. In addition, to maintain the facilities of the community and administer the CDD, the CDD conducts a public hearing each year at which it adopts an operating and maintenance budget. The funding of this budget is levied as an operating and maintenance assessment on your property by the Board of Supervisors. All residents pay for a share of the maintenance of the CDD improvements through this annual assessment.


A: A Homeowners Association is a non-profit corporation consisting of property owners that is managed by a Board of Directors. The Board is responsible for the management of the Association’s funds, the enforcement of the deed restrictions, and maintaining the common area property.

A: Information on your community’s amenities may come from several sources: their Website, Newsletter, or Welcome Package. We also mail out a “pool memo” to all communities with a pool every spring. If you can’t find, or haven’t received this information, please call your local office.

A: Association fees, sometimes referred to as Maintenance or Assessment fees, are collected to maintain the common areas of your community. Normally this covers pool(s), playground(s), clubhouse, recreation center, fitness center, and various utilities. Fees are also used for improvements, beautification, landscaping, and any other Owner services provided.

A: Please call us and ask to speak to someone in Customer Care. They will instruct you to put your request in writing along with instructions on any fees. Upon approval of your request from the Board of Directors of your association, you will be placed on a payment plan. There are several term options.

A: Yes. We do accept credit cards. We have provided a link above that allows you to make a payment using your debit or credit card. Please note that there is a convenience charge when paying online. You may also pay with money order, cashier’s check, and or personal check in person or by mail at the Inframark Management Services-Texas office. Located at: 2002 West Grand Parkway North, Suite 100, Katy, Texas 77449. We no longer accept cash and are unable to accept credit/debit cards over the phone.

A: When paying as a guest, if you receive a 404 error message that does not allow the payment website to display, this is a firewall issue and you should try using a different device browser or network (mobile phone).

A: The Declaration of Covenants, Conditions, and Restrictions (CCR’s), also referred to as “deed restrictions”, is a recorded document of rules and regulations governing your community. The document outlines the standards of your community and informs you of what can and cannot be done. Be sure to read through these important documents to fully understand the rules that govern your association.

A: You should have received a copy of your community CCR’s (deed restrictions) at closing when you purchased your home. However, Inframark Management Services can provide you an electronic or hard copy of the deed restrictions at your request. Please visit the Home Page and click on Contact Us to request a copy of your CCR’s.

A: When you closed on your house with the title company, the title policy that you signed states that, as a homeowner, you are contractually obligated to comply with the deed restrictions. This agreement is between the homeowner and your homeowner’s association and when you are not compliant, legal action can be used by the association against the homeowner. Enforcing deed restrictions are essential to maintaining property values and preserving the residential character of the neighborhood.

A: Please report Deed Restriction Violations via the link above. It is important to emphasize that in reporting a deed restriction violation, you will remain anonymous, however we must also have a “paper trail” of the violation should legal action be required.

A: Before considering any changes to your property, please consult the deed restrictions and the architectural guidelines for your community. If your community has a website, this info may be posted there along with the Application for Approval to Modify Home or Property form for you to print. If you are ready to submit an application for review, visit our ARC Applications tab above to submit your information electronically.

A: Annual Meetings – The answer to this question is within the By-Laws of your Association. The By-Laws are part of the recorded documents that you received when you closed on your home and can also be found on record at the County courthouse. You will receive written notice of Annual Meetings. Normally, the first annual meeting of the Members shall be held within one (1) year after the date of incorporation of the Association. Thereafter, annual meetings shall be set by the Board.
Special Meetings – Special meetings of the Members may be called at any time by the Declarant, by the President, by the Board, or upon the written request for a special meeting from Members. What has been stated here and above is only “typical”. You must consult your Association’s recorded documents for accuracy.

A: This varies per Association. Please check your recorded documents to be sure. If leasing your home is permitted, you MUST call the Association and give them your new address because the responsibility of the home is still yours.

A: From either the subdivisions’ sales office, your realtor, or the title company.

A: This is strictly a decision between the Buyer and the Seller.

A: You should have received a list of all utility providers for your community from the title company at closing so please check your closing documents. You can also look on your water bill for the MUD district information or on your Association’s website.